This policy applies only to the information BookMyShoot collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with its Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as studios at which you make bookings and/or pay through BookMyShoot's Services and social networks that you use in connection with its Services. BookMyShoot encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of BookMyShoot's Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Display studio listings and their information including but not limited to their basic info, address, service areas, logos, cover images, albums, categories they serve, packages and reviews.
- Process and respond to your queries.
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you with your network followers on BookMyShoot for marketing and other promotional activities of our Services.
- Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with BookMyShoot.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with policies about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers'/service providers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company BookMyShoot Technologies Private Limited.
- To contractors, advertisers/service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BookMyShoot's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BookMyShoot about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you communications via emails, messages or tele-call to inform you about our products that may be of interest to you, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BookMyShoot, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
- Booking Information. When you make a studio booking through our Services, your information and information you gave while booking is provided to us and to the studios with whom you choose to book. In order to facilitate your booking, we provide your information to that studio in a similar manner as if you had made a booking directly with the studio. If you provide a mobile phone number, studios or BookMyShoot may send you text/whatsapp messages regarding your booking status.
- Analytics information. Analytics information aggregated over set of users may be shared with Studios for enabling them to serve you better. Examples of such information includes studio listing views, total shortlistings, total bookings, total revenue all over time.
- Information you choose to share with a studio when you make a booking and/or pay a studio through our Services may be used by the studio for its own purposes. We do not control the privacy practices of studios. Please contact the studio directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
To use certain of our Services, such as to make bookings at certain studios and to make payments to certain studios, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with studios, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms:
- When you use a credit or debit card to secure a booking through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable studio.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see the "Security" section below.
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the "Automatically-Collected Information" Section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users' use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
- Inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website and other sites and
When accessing the Services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other BookMyShoot users, businesses, and BookMyShoot itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and follow the "unsubscribe" instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative policy, service policy, or legal policy from BookMyShoot.
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you or any other source as mentioned in data collection sources, or permanently delete your account, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page, or please contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
If you believe information displayed on BookMyShoot contains your copyrighted material and you want it to be removed then please contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your BookMyShoot account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
- Right to information - including contact details to the DPO, the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
- Right to erasure (”Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to BookMyShoot by the EU resident
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless BookMyShoot otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds)
We are currently only servicing Indian residents as mentioned in our eligibility criteria in terms of service, we request any non eligible user to not use BookMyShoot services. Anyone not eligible to use our services, having any further query, can still contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
BookMyShoot Technologies Private Limited
805, Runwal Chestnut, Bhandup Village Road,
Mulund Goregaon Link Road, Bhandup West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. PIN: 400078